The original, patented Auto-belay
Kick out the belayer and allow
our machine to do all the work.
Efficient. Reliable. Shows up to work on time. If you are looking for a solution to consolidate staffing requirements and safely replace a manual employee to belay climbers, then look no further. Extreme Engineering’s patented Auto-belay is the only fully redundant system available. Awarded “Best Technology Applied” by industry experts at IAAPA, this is the safest Auto-belay system on the market. Our Auto-belays don’t get distracted, don’t ever take breaks and never get tired.
Extreme Engineering invented the first Auto-belay system 22 years ago and is recognized as the leader in Auto-belay systems specifically designed for the climbing and safety industry. This is the only patented and first Auto-belay system that’s been introduced to the general public, and is used by major entertainment companies, the military, NASA and climbing gyms worldwide.
for product details, pricing & more
Explore Auto Belays
Opportunity & Value
Set up & Operation
Our patented air-over-oil design allows a safe and controlled descent every time. The Auto-belay simply takes up the slack when a participant starts to climb up the climbing wall. Once the participant is done climbing, the pressure from the Auto-Belay will safely lower the participant slowly to the ground.
- Extreme Engineering’s Auto-belay systems can be used on climbing structures up to 68 feet (20.73 meters).
- The Auto-belay is the only system on the market that can be self-installed.
- All Auto-belay systems are protected by a zinc coated steel case and come equipped with two pressurized hydraulic rams and internal check valves, ensuring the safety of climbers as they descend.
- The Auto-belay system includes a galvanized steel cable with marine eyes, swivel, sight tube and safety boot pre-installed.
- Maintenance is made easy through annual wire rope replacement using date certified cables.
- Installation is possible on steel and wood treated substructures.
- Perfect for almost any climbing wall, climbing gyms, manufacturing facilities and search and rescue.
- All Extreme Engineering’s patented Auto-belay systems meet or exceed ASTM, CE and other climbing wall safety standards.
The entertainment industry is a booming market, which has grown on average by 10% every year, for the past 15 years. Extreme Engineering has over 5,000 successful customers in the largest, most stable market in the economy, and we invite you to join us.